Ladies Who Lunch with Latisha Daring @ the Tribeca Grill Loft in NYC
Last Sunday, I had the opportunity to attend an inspiring luncheon at the famed Tribeca Grill Loft in NYC. The ‘Ladies Who Lunch’ event hosted by Latisha Daring, left me feeling empowered. I knew I would leave feeling inspired, it was themed “Unlimited Possibilities”, but have no idea it would have me dusting off my old application to Harvard! (Harvard here I come, Fall 2014!) Latisha Daring, the successful New York-based fashion designer behind Ashtyn, whom I have posted about in the past, is the brainchild behind the luncheon series. Her newest project, Ladies Who Lunch with Latisha Daring (www.theladieswholunch.org is a call for women to follow their destiny of fabulousness in fearless fashion!
While I enjoy being in a room with stylish women, I am more impressed when they are SMART, stylish women! And that was just the premise of this event, intended as an empowerment lunch series geared towards women entrepreneurs who aspire to impact their communities and the world at-large, this audience was filled with beautiful, ambitious ladies. The luncheon series kicked off on March 17th in NYC and the next stop is Washington, DC in late April. I am excited to share that I will be partnering with Latisha to bring Ladies Who Lunch to DC–in the meantime, check out the fab names who lined up the NYC panelists:
- Tai Beauchamp, style expert on “The Today Show”, “Good Day New York” and appearances on BET, CNN, TV One and more.
- dream hampton, writer, hip hop journalist
- Laurie Angela Cumbo, city council candidate and founder of MOCADA Museum
- Julee Wilson, Style & Beauty Editor at The Huffington Post BlackVoices
- Tanasha Pettigrew, luxury real estate expert
- Nanci Neffi Walker, expert in sustainable eco-living
- Carline Balan, co-owner of Balan Inc, a luxury lifestyle agency & former Jay-Z assistant
Stay Tuned DC, Atlanta & Chicago—